The TC Christian 7th graders, under the leadership of Erica Boven, are finishing up their ecosystem unit. As they worked through the unit, they discovered that a current problem in our local ecosystem involves the decline of bees and pollinators. They’ve done a lot of research and are very excited to DO SOMETHING about it 😉
Therefore, as Creation Keepers (one of TC Christian’s core ‘Biblical Throughlines’), they’ve developed several things they can do to help. These include:
- Educate the students about the problem, the importance of it, and how to help. Some of their ideas include:
- Developing a skit to present to the Elementary school
- Write and present segments for the in-school Sabre News, the 3-Minute Thursday newsletter, and TC Christian’s Facebook and Instagram programs
- Talk with the community via local media (e.g. Fuel-FM, WTCM, TV networks)
- Keynote a MS/HS chapel
- Design and distribute posters around the building
- Plant a “Bee Garden” to help provide nutrition for bees
- Build a “Bee House” with a Bee Bath to provide safe resting places for bees as they travel pollinating.
These are great ideas for not just simply raising awareness about a problem, but for actually doing something about it. We’re excited to see you develop and execute the plan. Thanks for your love of God’s Creation.