Despite a stiff breeze, a smattering of raindrops, and the reality that summer vacation is well and truly over, the students and staff at TC Christian were in high spirits as the 2019/2020 school year got underway.
Arrivees were greeted with a ‘high five’ by Superintendent VanSchepen, who braved the elements to see as many in person as possible. The next step was running the traditional gauntlet of delicious sweet treats served by the Seniors, before the Middle and High schoolers headed towards the gym for words of welcome and introductions. On the way, newcomers were greeted by veterans and absorbed into various friend-groups.
Across the building in Elementary, the mood was a mix of high excitement as the grade schoolers reconnected with old buddies, and nervous anticipation as first-timers said bye to moms and dads. From all accounts, everyone was very brave and happily navigated the day.
Comments heard on the first day include the following:
- “I love TC Christian because I know everybody and feel safe here.” – Matthew
- “My favorite part is that even if you are a new student, when you walk into the school it’s as if you have been there for years. You are not left out of anything.” – Heidi
- “I love TCCS because all the teachers take time to get to know you.” – Alyson
- “I like that the classes are really small” – Kyrsten
- “It’s nice seeing all the new faces and meeting new people the first couple days of school.” – Sydney
- “The first couple days are school are fun because everyone is so excited to be back. Its a fun, exciting day for everyone.” – Sophie