Each year we receive a variety of donations from friends of TCCS in a variety of amounts, some targeted for special uses and others for school operations. No matter the purpose, every gift to TC Christian is important. There are a number of ways for you to become a Friend of TCCS and support the ministry of Traverse City Christian School:
The Annual Fund
Every year, each member of our community — current parents, alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, faculty/staff, and others — are asked to participate in The Annual Fund. These gifts are crucial to Traverse City Christian School’s operating budget, helping to bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of education.
Gifts are raised each year to fund Variable Tuition, helping more families have access to an academically excellent, Christ-centered education. There are several ways to contribute to Scholarships:
• Memorials: Many gifts are received in memory of family members and friends.
• Honorariums: Friends and family often mark special events in the lives of loved ones by making a gift in their honor.
• Bequests: The most significant contributions have often been through the estates of past supporters.
We routinely have needs that cannot be met through the operating budget. When these needs arise, Capital Campaigns and Major Gift solicitations are organized to fund those expenses.
In addition to current gifts (cash, checks, credit cards), TC Christian accepts a variety of other gifts and will work with you to facilitate them:
• Bequests: A bequest in a will or living trust is a common planned gift. This is a simple way to make what could be your most significant and lasting gift to Traverse City Christian School. Bequests usually become part of the Endowment Fund unless otherwise specified.
• Stocks, Bonds, and Securities: Gifting appreciated stocks, bonds, and securities can provide tax advantages for the donor while maximizing the gift to TC Christian.
• IRA’s 401K’s and Life Insurance: Designate Traverse City Christian as the beneficiary of your retirement account. Your gift is tax free.
• IRA Charitable Rollover: Recently signed into law, the IRA Charitable Rollover allows individuals over the age of 70½ to donate up to $100,000.00 directly from their IRA without treating the distribution as taxable income.
• Charitable Remainder Trust: A gift of real estate in a charitable remainder trust will help you avoid capital gains taxes while ensuring that you receive income for the rest of your life.
• Charitable Gift Annuity: A CGA will provide an immediate tax deduction while providing income for the life of the donor(s).
• Named Endowment: Major donors may wish to consider a Named Endowment. Established during your lifetime or through your estate plan. A specific area of interest (i.e. scholarship, sciences, athletics, facilities, etc.) may be selected and a grant is given each year from the fund to that area of interest.
Ready to help? You can make an immediate online donation by hitting the ‘Donate Now’ button or, if you’d like to speak with someone directly regarding a gift, please contact Craig O’Connor at the Mission Advancement office at 231.929.1747 ext 128.
Enter your email address below and one of our staff will be in contact with you.